[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 KVM guest on CentOS 5 host

Mon Sep 17 08:18:07 UTC 2012
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

I have a KVM virtual stack of about 10 v-machines on a CentOS 5 host.
Now the perceived efficiency of the whole virtual stack has dropped. The
load averages may be low, but still the systems sometimes hang for even
more than a minute. Apache does not serve, email is delayed, etc.

I was wondering if there might be a connection with this: I recently
added my first CentOS 6 guest to this virtual stack. Could a CentOS 6
guest somehow behave badly on a CentOS 5 host??

- Jussi