[CentOS-virt] Buffered console with kvm ?

Sun Sep 16 17:37:40 UTC 2012
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

My Centos 6 server acts as a KVM host for a number of guests.  Each of
these guests have been configured with a serial console so I can do
things like
  virsh console test2
and get access to the console of that machine.

However what would be really useful is if the console also had a "buffer"
so that messages which appeared while I wasn't connected could still be
seen (much in the way old-style serial-port terminal servers would buffer
output).

Is this possible, "natively" ?

Otherwise I was thinking of doing something like running
  'screen -d -m -S test2 virsh console test2'
and then I can connect with "screen"

But that doesn't feel as friendly.

Any ideasor recommendations?

--