[CentOS-virt] CentOS-6.4 AMI's for testing

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Apr 27 12:56:47 UTC 2013

hi,

We are going to run a public test cycle for the CentOS AMI's that we
publish as the official ones. This test will run for 1 week, ending on
the 4th May, when we will do the formal release.

Request: please dont use these AMI's for production, please dont use
these AMI past the 4th of May. For all change and fix requests, either
post to this list and we will attempt to get things turned around super
quick, or find either Tru or me in #centos-devel or #centos-virt on
irc.freenode.net. Our nicknames are tru_tru and z00dax respectively.

These AMI's exist in us-east1 for now. Please keep them there. For
release, we will have the images in the MarketPlace, as we did for 6.3.
But we will also publish the AMI's in every region ( including sydney! )
and make sure the ID's are well documented, additionally, we will
publish the raw backing files, so people can take these images to
on-premise or non AWS resources as well.

Once we have reasonalbe confidence in the images, I will convert them
into EBS backed as well :

ami-ede18284 CentOS-6.4/x86_64 Base OS AMI
ami-43cfac2a CentOS-6.4/x86_64 Base OS + Updates/20130427 AMI
ami-b5c8abdc CentOS-6.4/i386 Base OS AMI
ami-d9ceadb0 CentOS-6.4/i386 Base OS + Updates/20130427 AMI

Note: These AMI's have only been tested via a single instantiation, and
ssh login + logout. The distro tests for these ami's are currently
running, and I will report succes / fails to the list as a followup.

Also, worth noting : while building the i386/updates image; about 90% of
all instantiations failed with a xen/pae kernel error. I'm not sure why
the aki, in this case aki-b6aa75df, seems to get confused about the disk
hosted kernel type. If anyone else also sees this, let me know. for now,
I'm writing this off as a flaky something.

--
Karanbir Singh