[CentOS-virt] freebsd as kvm guest

mattias

mj at mjw.se
Mon Apr 29 17:46:12 UTC 2013

Ah ok
The problem is i cant even boot it
The machine boot only 1 sec and stops

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: centos-virt-bounces at centos.org
[mailto:centos-virt-bounces at centos.org] För Nux!
Skickat: den 29 april 2013 19:44
Till: centos-virt at centos.org
Ämne: Re: [CentOS-virt] freebsd as kvm guest

On 29.04.2013 18:34, mattias wrote:
> seems not possible to run a freebsd kvm guest on centos 6
> all i get in the log using dmesg are something about mmio emulation
> failed

I think I managed to get FreeBSD 9 installed using the "freebsd 8.x"
virsh/virt-manager profile. After this I installed the virtio drivers.
Wat have you tried?

I warn you FreeBSD on KVM+Centos is terrible, really bad performance,
even with virtio drivers.
CPU stays at 20% even when doing nothing and network performance is
abysmal.
I believe there are going to be big improvements in v10, though.

Nux!
www.nux.ro