[CentOS-virt] freebsd as kvm guest

Bane Ivosev

bane.ivosev at pmf.uns.ac.rs
Tue Apr 30 06:55:44 UTC 2013

i just run very simple test. 1GB network, 500 MB test file on web server
and wget from centos 6 and freebsd 8.3 vm's, both with virtio.

wget -nd --no-proxy http://server/test -O /dev/null

result is the same:

Length: 524288000 (500M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[====================>] 524,288,000  112M/s   in 4.5s

then i try freebsd with fetch

freebsd8:~% fetch -o /dev/null -d http://server/test
/dev/null          100% of  500 MB   41 MBps 00m00s

fetch is 2.5x slower. that's interesting. i don't know what's the
difference between fetch and wget but i'll try to found out.