[CentOS-virt] XenforCentOS6...need help to setup a PCI passthrough network

Fri Aug 9 09:55:35 UTC 2013
Kartik Mahajan <kartik.mahajan at pubmatic.com>

Hi,

I have used this
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/Xen4QuickStart
and everything works like a charm then I installed a VM using
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/Xen4QuickStart/Xen4Libvirt
only to realize later that I don't want NAT.
I would want to use PCI passthrough and so i used
virsh net-destroy default
virsh net-undefine default
and
net-create /home/kartik/passthrough.xml
net-autostart passthrough
net-start passthrough
here is the output of /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/passthrough.xml

<!--
WARNING: THIS IS AN AUTO-GENERATED FILE. CHANGES TO IT ARE LIKELY TO BE
OVERWRITTEN AND LOST. Changes to this xml configuration should be made using:
  virsh net-edit passthrough
or other application using the libvirt API.
-->

<network>
  <name>passthrough</name>
  <uuid>d947fa14-af51-c615-279c-5d56ced04e44</uuid>
  <forward mode='hostdev' managed='yes'>
    <pf dev='eth0'/>
  </forward>
</network>

Is my approach right? After this I tried to restart using s
shutdown -r now( but the machine is not rebooting)

Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh #
virsh #
virsh # list --all
error: Failed to reconnect to the hypervisor
error: no valid connection
error: unable to connect to 'localhost:8000': Connection refused

Can anyone help?

Regards
kartik