[CentOS-virt] Fwd: Building Xen on RHEL7

Sun Dec 22 13:55:47 UTC 2013
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 1:30 AM, Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:
>>
>> gcc is considered to be part of the standard build toolset and as such
>> is not required to be listed as a dependency in any spec file.
>
> Part of a standard build toolset or not, it needs to be mentioned. The
> dev86 SRPM was pretty old, admittedly. But Fedora, and EPEL, and RHEL,
> all build their  RPM's with "mock" and "koji" these days, and gcc is
> *not* part of the basic build environment. There are reasons, having
> to do with cross-compilation and alternative compiler toolchains. So
> RHEL, Fedora, and EPEL RPM's all specify "cc" or "gcc" as needed,
>
> Do take a good look at those Fedora SRPM's if you think I'm kidding..

I did check before I made the comment in the first place (this is for
el6 from epel buildsys-build is the standard install for mock epel-6):
$ yum groupinfo buildsys-build

Group: Buildsystem building group
 Mandatory Packages:

   gcc