[CentOS-virt] create a guest

Scott Dowdle

dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Jan 16 20:03:42 UTC 2013

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> but i allredy have the freebsd disc image file on the server

DUH... I thought you were saying you had a disc or disc image of the FreeBSD install media.  You already have a FreeBSD VM disk image?  In that case, what is it from?  Is it a KVM VM or did it come from some other virt platform like VMware, VirtualBox, Parallels, Xen or what?

You may run into an issue with drivers if it came from another virt platform that uses product specific tools (like VMware tools for example)... where to make it work correctly you have to remove their tools.  This is probably less of an issue with a FreeBSD VM though.

There is also v2v which supposedly can convert a disk image of a VM from one product format to another.  I haven't used it.  There should be good documentation for v2v if you do a search.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street