[CentOS-virt] Xen kernel fixes

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Jul 22 20:26:24 UTC 2013

On 07/22/2013 10:49 AM, David Vrabel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made the for-centos-v5 branch available on
>
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/dvrabel/linux.git
>
> This is based on 3.4.54 and includes the following additional fixes
> (since the for-centos-v4 branch).
>
> * x86/xen: during early setup, only 1:1 map the ISA region
>
> Fixes a boot failure if tboot is used.
>
> * xen/evtchn: avoid a deadlock when unbinding an event channel
>
> Fixes a potential deadlock by users (e.g., qemu, xenstored) of
> /dev/xen/evtchn.
>
> You may also wish to consider enabling
> CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG.  The kernel bug that was causing
> problems is already fixed (by xen/balloon: Subtract from
> xen_released_pages the count that is populated) and now that dom0 will
> not try to auto-balloon by default, enabling this option should no
> longer cause problems in dom0.
>
> This option is required to increase the amount of memory in a guest
> using this kernel above the initial amount.

David,

There are two unset Xen ballon options ... they are:

# CONFIG_XEN_SELFBALLOONING is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG is not set

I see that you have recommended:

CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG=y

what about:

CONFIG_XEN_SELFBALLOONING

(Leave it unset or set it to yes as well)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes