[CentOS-virt] AWS AMI questions

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jul 31 21:42:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 07/31/2013 04:07 PM, CS wrote:
> Are there instance backed versions of the AWS marketplace CentOS builds?

No, there are a couple of issues with the way we do the AWS Market Place
setup that make this inconvenient. But hang in there, I'm working on an
alternative!

> Is it possible to download the AMI from somewhere and re-upload them so
> they don't have the Marketplace restrictions? I checked
> cloud.centos.org, but it seems like they files there haven't been
> updated in a while.

cloud.centos.org will be the right place, that is exactly the target
that I am working to develop.

> It's my understanding that projectraindrops.net was used to build the
> AMIs, is it possible to run that service locally?

You should be able to use that service as is ( the aim of
projectraindrops is not to deliver open source software, but to deliver
and maintain a service that just-works and has a reasonable feature spec ).

The CentOS images are not built with it, the CentOS images are build in
a replica install that runs inside the centos buildservices.

Regards

--
Karanbir Singh