[CentOS-virt] Ethernet Not Talking

Mon Jul 15 16:08:26 UTC 2013
Robert Dinse <nanook at eskimo.com>

      After applying a number of updates to both the host and the virtual
machines, I had one virtual machine which would not talk to the network after
the updates.  Rebooting numerous times didn't help, I couldn't see anything
wrong with either it's configuration or the bridge on the host machine.

      I ended up restoring that machine from an image and then re-applying the
updates and then everything was okay.

      Amoung other things the updates included an update to glibc.

      I was wondering if anyone else encountered something similar and had
come to a better understanding of what went wrong?

    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.