[CentOS-virt] qemu-img resize

Thu Jun 13 15:15:00 UTC 2013
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM, aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been using qemu-img resize for a few days now, seems fine.
>
> But if I du the VMs image file, it still shows the size before resizing.

What is the format of the VM files?  qcow2 format -- the file size
will not grow until disk usage within the VM guest grows.

When you do  qemu-img info <filename>, the size should be consistent
with the increase in disk image.

> Inside that VM, the new size shows correctly.

Additionally, you need to resize the file system residing in this image file.

> Is qemu-img resize the right tool for this?

Yes,

HTH.
--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device