[CentOS-virt] Looking for Instance backed Centos 6 x86_64 images

Wed Jun 5 10:24:57 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 10:51 AM, Asit Kharshikar wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>

> I am looking for official centos 6 x86_64 AMI's for the Singapore
> region. I found an ebs backed Centos image from
> http://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/AWS (ami-3e22616c) in the market place
> <https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/ordering/ref=dtl_psb_continue?ie=UTF8&productId=adc4348e-1dc3-41df-b833-e86ba57a33d6&region=ap-southeast-1>.
> However I am unable to find corresponding instance backed images. Can
> you help point me in the right direction for this?
>

> Thanks in advance for your help!

I am in the process of rehashing the entire AMI set for CentOS. Look for
an announcement this Friday with AMI details.

Also, it should be possible to copy instance backed images across
regions ( or so I was told ) - and therefore the plan is to only release
to us-east and let everyone copy them over to whatever region they need,
when they need them. Does that sound reasonable ?

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh