[CentOS-virt] Problems with qemu img disks allocated in a nfs share

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:38:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

  I have a strange problem with qemu img disks allocated in a nfs share
on a CentOS 6.4 host. Every time when I try to start a vm this error

char device redirected to /dev/pts/1
qemu-kvm: -drive
could not open disk image /data/vmachines/win2k12adsrv/win2k12vol01.img:
Permission denied

  Obviously, qemu disk exists:

[root at c64kvm qemu]# ls -la /data/vmachines/win2k12adsrv/win2k12vol01.img
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 262144 Mar 16 16:11

  If I change this qemu disk stored in a nfs share by another stored on
local disk, all works ok.

  Mount permissions in this kvm host:

  sansrv:/ on /exports type nfs4

  and selinux is disabled ... Any idea??