[CentOS-virt] CentOS 5.9 Xen DomU NFS Data Transfer to Dom0 kills network.

Fri Mar 1 12:08:47 UTC 2013
Veli-Pekka Kestilä <centos at vpk.nu>

On 1.3.2013 13.22, Van wrote:
> 26.02.2013, 20:01, "Veli-Pekka Kestilä" <centos at vpk.nu>:
>
>     I have problem using Dom0 as NFS(v4)-server and DomU as client. When
>     ever the client actually tries to copy data to nfs-server the virtual
>     network (bridge) between the two hosts completely freezes and stops
>     working. After this of course the client hangs waiting nfs-server to
>     answer and server continues to try to contact nfslock daemon on
>     the client.
>
>     Dom0 is still accessible from outside trough virbr0 which the client
>     doesn't have access. The problems only come on data transfer as
>     making
>     directories and removing them and doind ls works fine before one
>     tries
>     to transfer data.
>
> What size files are copied?
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1478413.html

I found that thread also.

Size is smaller than that. After sending the e-mail I tested and if
copying size was small enough it seemingly succeeded. I was planning to
use strace, but the system was needed for use and I had to resort
attaching direct disk on the system. This isn't optimal as it is a test
system for bigger one. Another thing to try would be probably to tie the
virtual bridge to physical interface on the computer.

Unfortunately I can't test the problem at the moment before I find
another system to replicate the setup.

-vpk