[CentOS-virt] Xen on CentOS 6.4

Mon May 27 00:33:25 UTC 2013
Trey Dockendorf <treydock at gmail.com>

On May 26, 2013 6:52 PM, "Sarah Newman" <srn at prgmr.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/2013 02:12 PM, John R. Dennison wrote:
> > http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/xen-c6
> >
> > Still in development and testing but it has a lot of momentum behind it.
>
> I saw packages for libvirt but not xcp-xapi.  Do you know if there are
any plans to support xapi?

The lines between Xen and KVM may become less clear in the future as the
Linux Foundation has taken up Xen [1].

As for Xen vs KVM now, I like the higher level tools built to use KVM, such
as oVirt/RHEV as well as the integration of KVM management via Libvirt with
tools like Foreman.  I've run some IO intense programs using KVM without
issue and am able to use all stock EL packages to do so.

- Trey

[1] -
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2013/04/welcome-xen-linux-foundation-collaborative-project