[CentOS-virt] Xen on CentOS 6.4

Mon May 27 17:38:55 UTC 2013
graziano obertelli <graziano at eucalyptus.com>

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 01:26:41AM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 05/27/2013 12:10 AM, Robert Dinse wrote:
> >       What are the advantages / disadvantes of Xen / KVM?
> >
> I for one have several machines where I cannot use KVM because the
> processors do not have support for hardware virtualization. Hence using
> xen there.

This is a very obvious difference: KVM requires hardware support, Xen
won't (although you may have limitations on what you can run, for example
no Windows).

>From what I have seen (I work for Eucalyptus) depending on your workload
you may see different performance: we have seen it going either way, so
it's really a matter of testing on your hardware and benchmark.

>From the Image itself, with a bit of care, you can create images that
works nicely on either hypervisor.

cheers
graziano