[CentOS-virt] Xen on CentOS 6.4

Sun May 26 21:43:00 UTC 2013
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:27:06PM +0200, Chris Wik wrote:

> Feel free to contribute! From that site: "If there is anyone out there
> who wants to wade through what should be set for selinux to be enabled
> and still have Xen working, please email me!"

He's competent enough to build packages he should be competent enough to
know how to manipulate selinux :) This "disable selinux" crap I continue
to see everywhere is really just depressing.  There are ample tools and
guidelines on how to properly manage the selinux sub-system, heck, most
of it is just cut-and-paste for the majority of users these days.

Granted, this may be a corner case issue considering it's a non-stock
kernel, thus taking a bit more effort, but there is no technical reason
why it would not be possible to run Xen on an selinux-enabled platform;
one can use the el5 policies as a start if necessary, changing required
bits here and there until it's functioning properly on el6.

> He's not forcing anyone to use his packages, simply sharing the work
> he has done, which I for one appreciate. Somewhat more constructive
> than your instructions on how to post to mailing lists.

You're right, he's not. Which is why I posted the url to the official
CentOS packages.

Additionally, Chris, I didn't 'instruct' you to do anything, I asked,
nicely, not to top-post.  Item 2 under CentOS mailing list quidelines:

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16

You are of course free to do what you want, but there are guidelines
for a reason.

							John
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit