[CentOS-virt] Xen Security patching

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Nov 23 15:52:58 UTC 2013

On 11/23/2013 09:37 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 11/23/2013 06:33 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> That is not true ...
>>>
>>> I updated testing RPMS into the rc1 tree and announced it here:
>>>
>>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2013-November/003485.html
>>>
>>> If I can get at least one or 2 people to tell me this works, I'll push it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Johnny Hughes
>> By not true, I mean that all XSAs that are applicable up to xsa-72 are
>> in the xen-4.2.3-24 RPMS in the RC1 repo right now. I have gotten 0
>> feedback since I released them. (xsa-62 through xsa-72)
>>
>> xsa-73, xsa-75, xsa-78 can be released now, but they are very new.
> OK, a newer version of xen-4.2.3-25 now exists in xen-RC-1 ... this
> includes xsa-73, xsa-75, and xsa-78
>
> Please test and provide feedback so we can move these to production.

I have just updated my production xen dom0 machines to this version, and
I am not seeing any issues. I don't necessarily recommend that for
everyone, but can we get some feedback from xen4centos6 users so we can
move these to production.

The repo is at for those who need the info:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/xen-c6-RC1/

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes