[CentOS-virt] new-kernel-pkg needs to be made Xen-aware

Sat Nov 23 19:14:02 UTC 2013
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/23/2013 12:07 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I ran "yum update" the other day on my dom0 and let it pull a new kernel.
> The RPM install scriptlet runs /sbin/new-kernel-pkg (part of the grubby
> package) to update grub.conf. It writes a new record to boot the Linux
> kernel instead of Xen. It would be nice if it noticed that it was running
> inside Xen and wrote a suitable record for that.

We are aware of this issue and for now, you have to manually run
/usr/bin/grub-bootxen.sh

We are also aware that the setup that grub-bootxen.sh provides is very
basic and does not learn/keep custom settings.

This is something that we would love to receive community input to fix.