[CentOS-virt] Cannot start CentOS after installing the latest Xen4 with kernel 3.10.20

Wed Nov 27 09:56:06 UTC 2013
Bob Ball <bob.ball at citrix.com>

The xen output doesn't show anything that I was expecting to see...

This might be an "fbcon" issue - there needs to be a change between CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 as to how the module is compiled to work by default with mkinitrd (as a module) and dracut (compiled in).  I understand there are workarounds for dracut to ensure it adds the fbcon module, so you might need to try them.

One test is to just ssh to the machine and try to modprobe fbcon - the display should come back to life.

Bob