[CentOS-virt] AWS Images updated for new instance types

Tue Apr 22 18:04:56 UTC 2014
Dusty Mabe <dustymabe at gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Dusty Mabe <dustymabe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Dusty Mabe <dustymabe at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 11, 2014 1:37 PM, "Karanbir Singh" <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've been working with the epel guys to bring that through - in the
> >> coming days, I will have the infra up to test and build / deliver these
> >> images. And at that point we can go ahead and start churning more
> >> community oriented builds and scripts that go with them ( as opposed to
> >> the official release process via AMP ).
> >>

> > Thanks for the heads up. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
>
> I haven't noticed any changes on http://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/AWS. Is
> this progressing? I know you have been busy. Thanks for everything you
> do.

Karanbir,

I know in irc you mentioned that the images had been updated in
amazon. I do see that there is a 6.5 AMI now. This is great but we had
discussed[1] possibly having a CentOS blessed AMI that contains
cloud-init from epel. I gave the 6.5 AMI a spin and I don't see
cloud-init.

Is an image with cloud-init still part of the plan?

Thanks for everything!

Dusty

[1] http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2014-March/003690.html