[CentOS-virt] virt-preview repo for CentOS?

Mon Aug 11 15:36:50 UTC 2014
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello!  I'm looking at options for configuring an OpenStack CI job that
> tests OpenStack components with the latest versions of libvirt and qemu.
>
> Fedora's virt-preview [1] repository is pretty much what we need.
> However, we would really rather run this job using CentOS.  The job's
> configuration needs to work for longer than Fedora's release schedule
> would allow.
>
> Is anyone looking at doing something like this for CentOS?

Is Fedora's virt-preview for Fedora updates, or for testing Fedora N+1?

In general, CentOS will be pulling changes directly from upstream
RHEL, and so won't be able (I don't think) to provide something like
that for core packages.

We can of course do that for the Virt-SIG repos; at the moment that's
limited to Xen4CentOS (although we may do an updated qemu at some
point).  Notably, it would not include KVM.  For those, having a
preview for updates -- particularly updating major version (like Xen
4.2 -> 4.4) would make a lot of sense.

What exactly is it that you're hoping to test?  It sounds almost like
you're not hoping to test the distro, but new versions of the upstream
software.

 -George