[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 Xen 4.4.1 packages available on virt6-testing

Mon Dec 15 18:24:36 UTC 2014
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

At long last, I've got some beta CentOS 6 4.4.1 packages up on the CBS.

Major updates include:
* Update to Xen 4.4.1. Also includes all XSAs through 114
* Update to latest blktap 2.5
* Updated libvirt packages (1.2.10), which work well with libxl

To use, add the following to a file in /etc/yum.repos.d:

[virt-testing]
name=CentOS-$releasever - virt-testing
baseurl=http://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt6-testing/$basearch/os/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

Notes:
* git repo with all the changes to xen can be found here:
 https://github.com/gwd/sig-virt-xen out/virt6/update-4.4.1-4

* The signing infrastructure is not in place, so the binaries are not signed.

* xend is now disabled by default.  You can enable it by running
chkconfig.  xend has been removed from the tree entirely in Xen 4.5,
so this should (hopefully) serve as a "wake-up-call" for people to
begin the transition over to xend.

* A lot have things have changed -- please to test this so we can get
a good idea what may have broken.

 -George