[CentOS-virt] Xen updates / TODO

Tue Feb 18 20:55:12 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 02/18/2014 01:19 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/18/2014 04:43 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> A couple of TODO items/suggestions:
>>
>> 1) Xen 4.2.4 was just released:
>>    http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01624.html
>>
>>    I think we should first update Xen4Centos6 rpms to Xen 4.2.4
>>    to have a "known good" release from the stable branch currently in use in Xen4Centos6.
>>

>> 2) After that, we should start packaging/testing Xen 4.3.2:
>>    http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01622.html
>>
>>    Xen 4.3 brings much improved XL toolstack in addition to a lot of other changes/fixes.
>
> my understanding was that we might skip 4.3, and rebase from 4.2 to 4.4
> once that hits the released path

I am OK with either path, although my understanding is 4.2 => 4.4 as well.

>> 3) After updating to Xen 4.3.2 rpms start troubleshooting/debugging the libvirt libxl driver
>>    and get it working with Xen4Centos6 system..
> I believe Dario Faggioli has some of this ironed out already. Dario are
> you on the centos-virt list ?

WRT the libvirt, libxl issues (and other libvirt things as well) ... I
am fairly sure both OpenShift Origin and RDO are going to need a newer
version of libvirt ... maybe we should start testing to try and get a
newer version of libvirt in this stack as well (and use the same version
on all 3 projects).

The current version of libvirt is close enough to the main CentOS
version that virt-manager and other pieces of the current main stack
works .. a newer libvirt will likely also mean recompiling or newer
versions of other pieces as well.