[CentOS-virt] Xen updates / TODO

Wed Feb 19 12:02:08 UTC 2014
Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli at citrix.com>

On mar, 2014-02-18 at 19:19 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/18/2014 04:43 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> > 3) After updating to Xen 4.3.2 rpms start troubleshooting/debugging the libvirt libxl driver
> >    and get it working with Xen4Centos6 system..
>
> I believe Dario Faggioli has some of this ironed out already.

Well, I'm using and trying to test regularly it on Fedora, I can
certainly do something similar in/for CentOS.

As discussing with KB in Brussels, if the libvirt version is not a
problem (i.e., we can pickup whichever we like, with strong preference
for something 'as trunk as possible'), the libxl driver is not that bad.

The biggest missing features are migration and PCI passthrough.

Migration, I'd have o double check. I haven't seen the patches in a
while, but I've had issues with my subscription to the libvir list, so
there may be things I don't know (I'll investigate and report back).

Passthrough, it's not in, and this is the latest submission of the patch
series:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.libvirt/92935
It's not far from getting merged, but it won't make it for next version
of libvirt (which I think is going to be released at the end of
February).

That means, most likely, if you want PCI passthrough in your CentOS'
libvirt, we'll have to carry the patches... which does not seem terrible
to me, is it?

> Dario are
> you on the centos-virt list ?

I am now. :-)