[CentOS-virt] I have a question regarding the virtual scsi adapter.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jul 3 03:38:00 UTC 2014

I have a very old system which has a self compiled kernel.
It' supports sata and megaraid but not LSI SCSI or BUSLOGIC scsi.
I am not sure what SCSI adapter is being used on CentOS KVM host and
there for what kernel options to enable in the new compiled kernel.
I have tried to add LSI logic and it seems like still not recognizing
the SCSI device.
I have another kernel that do work but it was build with lots of modules
and I am not sure which one of them is the appropriate one.
The linux kernel version of the guest is 2.6.19.

If someone has a .config file that has all the needed modules complied
in the kernel I will be happy to see it.

Thanks,
Eliezer