[CentOS-virt] Centos 7 KVM questions

Mon Jul 21 17:53:05 UTC 2014
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Clean install of centos 7 and I have most things working, however the
> default virbr0 interface is not getting any addressing.  The interface
> in network manager just spins and spins and never gets an address.  I
> thought at first it was something about firewalld which I am trying to
> come up to speed with but I do not believe that is the issues.
>
> I guess the questions that I have is what is the correct way to add
> KVM and all of the virt packages to a minimal centos 7 installation.
> I would like to understand bridged interfaces vs the nat interfaces
> what what needs to be installed/configured.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I think I have found the information, in the RHEL documentation -
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Virtualization_Deployment_and_Administration_Guide/index.html#sect-Network_configuration-Bridged_networking_with_libvirt

but I have to chuckle that it appears they have not fully updated the
information beacause of this blurb:

To create a bridge (br0) based on the eth0 interface, execute the
following command on the host:

# virsh iface-bridge eth0 br0

what the heck is an eth0 interface, they already took that away too ;)