[CentOS-virt] C7 with Xen support

Tue Jul 22 14:09:58 UTC 2014
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 22/07/14 10:06 AM, Volnei wrote:
> Thank you Mark.
>
> I use F20 with Xen dom0 with much success.
> I wanted to start using CentOS instead of Fedora
> but apparently will take a little longer.
> You can't understand why RH does these things.

Back in RHEL 5, Xen was supported. It added a lot of work for Red Hat,
maintaining all the kernel patches. This was true for a lot of other
programs as well.

So to reduce their work load, they thinned down a lot for RHEL 6. They
dropped everything they thought was a duplication of another project or
which required too much effort for too few users. With KVM, Xen was
effectively a duplication of a much simpler to use hypervisor, so it was
dropped.

No great conspiracy here; Just normal business decisions.

--
Digimer
access to education?