[CentOS-virt] Are xen and centos incompatible?

Tue Jun 17 17:41:24 UTC 2014
lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de>

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk at oracle.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 09:07:51AM +0200, lee wrote:
>>> Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk at oracle.com> writes:
>> >
>> > I am wondering if you are using an older kernel. The xen-acpi-processor
>> > driver should be loaded which would give the C and P states to the
>> > hypervisor. Which in turn would result in those above commands
>> > providing the right data.
>>
>> Linux heimdall 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.57-3+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> This is what comes in Debian.  Unfortunately, this kernel crashes when
>> I'm copying data to a domU NFS server over the network :((  I need to
>> find out how to get some useful information out of it to make a bug
>> report.
>>
>> How do I know whether the xen-acpi-processor driver is loaded or not?
>
> lsmod

Well, yes, I didn't know what the name of this module exactly is.
There's also the "processor" module.

> But it looks like v3.4 and later were the kernels that started having
> this driver. That would explain why it does not exist as you are using
> 3.2.

Because of the crashes, I've upgraded to a 3.14.5-1~bpo70+1 kernel from
Debian backports.  That one does have the "xen-acpi-processor" module,
and it's working.  I don't know yet if it'll crash, though.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.