[CentOS-virt] Xen DomU supoprt in RHEL 7 and the CentOS Plan

Mon Jun 2 11:54:00 UTC 2014
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth at xen.org> wrote:
> On 28/05/2014 16:16, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

>> Perhaps I am missing something obvious here? Could you please
>> enlighten me?
> Konrad,
> you are absolutely correct. The discussion on XenServer / XenCenter is
> off-topic really.
> Lars

I'm afraid I brought it up, concerned about the lack of open source or
freeware availability of the "upstrream" code base. My awareness of
Citrix's cooperation with open source and freeware developers was out
of date. It's nice to see that Citrix and the main Xen contributors
are working well in git: the availability of good management tools
(such as I'm hearing about with Xenserver)  is a vital aspect of any
large scale virtualization environment.

I do hope the RHEL 7, and thus CentOS 7, base releases of these tools
will be as up to date and well integrated as possible.