[CentOS-virt] Xen updates / TODO

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Mar 19 19:18:04 UTC 2014

On 03/13/2014 12:04 PM, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>> On 03/12/2014 12:38 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>>
>>> Yep, here goes: http://pasik.reaktio.net/fedora/xen/xen-4.4.0-0.rc4.1.fc20.src.rpm
>>>
>>> -- Pasi
>> OK, lets start making some decisions on what we want to try to use from
>> a dependency perspective.
>>
>> What version of libvirt do we need with this?
> [CC'ing Dario Faggioli and Jim Fehlig, who have been working on
> libvirt on libxl]
>
> libxl is designed to be backwards compatible, so there are a number of
> potential libvirt versions that should all work.
>
> What kinds of constraints are there from the CentOS side?  i.e., why
> not just use the most recent release?

The only issue with that is then we have to keep moving up to the latest
version all the time ... not very "enterprisey".  If we can pick a
version with long term maintenance, we should be able to keep it stable
more easily.  Maybe the EL7 version of libvirt with patches as necessary?

If everyone really wants the Latest instead and if that is really the
best version, we can do it .. I am just not convinced yet :)