[CentOS-virt] injecting a key into the xen images

Fri Mar 28 12:40:32 UTC 2014

hi,

As a part of the test suite for xen that I've started off - I needed a
way to inject a ssh key into the image [1]; so have come up with this :
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-virt-t_xen/blob/master/scripts/inject_ssh.sh
; its not pretty and it wont handle lots of use cases, but it does what
is needed at hand.

Comments ?

I'm also considering if we should include this script within the .bz2
file for the image itself ( and for all such images )

Further feature creep, should we now extend this script a bit to also
include a 'download and inject ssh key' with some param's like :
./get_image.sh 6.5 x86_64 <path to sshkey>
and that can hit http://cloud.centos.org/<calculated path to image>/ ;
download it, and add the key. This script could live within
centos-release-xen dramatically reducing the barrier to entry and get-go
with the xen4centos stack.

thoughts ?

- KB

1: qcow2, http://cloud.centos.org/centos/6/devel/CentOS-6-x86_64-xen-pv.bz2