[CentOS-virt] Xen updates / TODO

Thu Mar 20 17:54:37 UTC 2014
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

I'll do a more thorough response later, but two thoughts real quick (see below)

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> Looking at the ubuntu package search (http://packages.ubuntu.com/) for
> LTS (the latest I see currently being 12.04LTS), they seem to be using a
> 0.9.8 customized version of libvirt there.  So, they do not seem to use
> the latest and greatest libvirt in their enterprise releases either.  I
> am not a ubuntu numbering expert though, so I might be wrong :)

12.04 LTS came out two years ago now. :-)  The 14.04 beta (which I
believe will also be an LTS) has the latest libvirt (I think 1.2.2),
and may manage to pull in 1.2.3 before it actually ships.

I don't think there's any point in having a libvirt driver without
libxl support.

> Does this explain more of what I think we need to work out?

Yes I think so, thanks!

 -George