[CentOS-virt] Xen DomU supoprt in RHEL 7 and the CentOS Plan

Fri May 23 17:58:10 UTC 2014
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk at oracle.com>

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 03:59:14AM -1000, NightLightHosts Admin wrote:
> +3 XEN!
>
> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 3:56 AM, O'Reilly, Dan <Daniel.OReilly at dish.com> wrote:
> > +2

It has not been removed, but .. let me go in details.

You can boot an RHEL7 guest as PV, but there are issues:

 1). The FB driver has been unset (CONFIG_XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND) that means you can
     still do a text-console (in theory).

 2). The Xorg fb seems to suffer from some bug - which is why the Xen FB has
     be turned off.

 3). There are also some systemd and udev things missing.

I understand that folks are interested in getting this fixed, but I was
wondering what the protocol is for getting said patches in the respective
RPMS (xorg-some-server, udev, systemd, kernel)?

Naturally this needs to be fixed upstream first, but once that has been
completed it should be fairly easy to backport it.

Oh, and the Xen support has not been removed - as in, the kernel can easily
boot as an PVHVM guest. It is just that the PV part had been.