[CentOS-virt] Xen4CentOS e1000e package

Tue Oct 7 19:47:12 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/07/2014 12:05 PM, George Dunlap wrote:
> KB and I were looking at repositories to import into git.centos.org
> recently, and we found the e1000e package -- a rebuild of the Intel
> e1000 driver for the x4c kernel.
>
> Does anyone know if this externally-build module is still necesssary
> for Linux 3.10?  Or for Linux 3.14, which we're planning on moving to
> at some point in the near future?

It is required for some e1000e devices .. I started building it because
several new Dell machines did not work with the driver in 3.4.x or
3.10.x kernels.

Not sure why, but there were issues and this solved them, so I would say
it is required.

There is also in kernel mods to get newer bn* drivers as well that is
patched into the 3.10.x kernel as patches.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes