[CentOS-virt] Reminder: Virt SIG meeting tomorrow

George Dunlap dunlapg at umich.edu
Mon Sep 22 17:52:14 UTC 2014

Just a reminder, the Virt SIG meeting is tomorrow on IRC (channel
#centos-devel) at 1pm UTC (2pm BST, 9am EST).

I've (finally) done a draft update of the Virt SIG roadmap:

http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Virtualization/Roadmap

The concept I had was to have a number of different "projects" within
the SIG (Xen, Docker, Xapi, oVirt), each with its own maintainer that
would be in charge of the packages.  The page is meant to be able to
help people get an idea of what each project's overall goal, component
packages and how to submit modifications (via git pull requests),
status, and miscellaneous other things that need to be done.

We should probably define at least a very basic path for approving
projects / maintainers, getting rid of inactive projects, &c.  I'd be
fine with, "Someone makes a proposal on centos-virt with $INFORMATION;
Lars and / or KB approve it" to begin with; we can always add more
structure later  if we need.

Anyway, all just ideas -- we can talk about it at the meeting tomorrow.

 -George