[CentOS-virt] libvirtd for el7

Wed Apr 22 15:31:23 UTC 2015
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I see that for EL6 gwd already has pushed a libvirtd package with version 1.2.10[1].
> I got request from VDSM development to provide libvirt >= 1.2.9 for EL7 for oVirt 3.6.
>

> gwd, do you just rebuilt http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=594825 ?
> I'm looking at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=628689 may this work for you?

I can't remember to what degree I stole stuff straight from Fedora, or
took the old libvirt image Johnny had used for the x4c project (which
also looked like it came almost straight from Fedora).

But in any case, that seems sensible.  The main thing long-term is to
make sure it builds against the Xen in CentOS 7; but if you're in a
rush to get libvirt out there, it wouldn't be bad to build it without
Xen support until we have at least a beta version of Xen for CentOS 7.

 -George