[CentOS-virt] CentOS 7 AMI Building

Tue Apr 14 11:48:10 UTC 2015
Jason Antman <jason at jasonantman.com>

Hello,

I'm new to this list, but I noticed a post from March 30th inquiring about
the build scripts for the official CentOS7 AMIs. I'm also interested in
this; I'm tasked with (unfortunately) spinning up some VMs in our corporate
VMWare environment that are "as close as possible" to the official CentOS7
AMIs. I could attempt to reverse-engineer them and figure out all of the
packages and settings, but it would be much easier if we could get access
to the build scripts. I've searched as much as I know how to, and while
I've found some related tooling for Docker and other services (i.e. on the
CentOS GitHub account), I can't seem to find anything related to the AMIs.
I know I looked into this a while ago for CentOS6, and was told that the 7
stuff would be made public. Does anyone have a pointer to it, or could
someone at least post the kickstart and/or other relevant information?

Thanks,
Jason Antman