[CentOS-virt] Managing virt-manager's ever growing log file

Thu Feb 26 04:49:02 UTC 2015
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

I'm looking for suggestions on managing the ever growing log file from
virt-manager (~/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log).  All the info I've read
says that the log file is overwritten on each virt-manager startup.
That is demonstrably not true, at least for virt-manager-0.9.0-28.el6.
I see "virt-manager startup" entries going all the way back to the first
time I started it.

So, it looks like some arrangement with logrotate is in order.  Does a
running virt-manager have any facility for telling it to close and
reopen its log file, or do I have to use the "copytruncate" function of
logrotate?

                 Do NOT delete it.