[CentOS-virt] libvirt errors after applying RPMS from 2015:X002

rgritzo rgritzo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 03:24:59 UTC 2015

Thanks for the info.

I am trying to connect to the Xen hypervisor, via a localhost connection defined in the virt-manager configuration.

here is the detail provided in the error dialog:

—————————
Unable to open a connection to the Xen hypervisor/daemon.

Verify that:
 - A Xen host kernel was booted
 - The Xen service has been started

internal error: DBus support not compiled into this binary

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1168, in _open_thread
    self.vmm = self._try_open()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1152, in _try_open
    flags)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 105, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: internal error: DBus support not compiled into this binary

——————————

The hypervisor and VM’s work.  If i start and manage VMs with virsh, the work fine.  it just is the virt-manager that seems broken, but that is important for my operation.

i just applied the patches to a second machine - just in case it was something about the first one - and the same results.

i am not as versed in python debugging as i would like to be, so this will be a challenge.  it sure seems like the issue is in the libvirtd library from the error messages -
but i will keep poking at it as time permits and post here if i have any answers...

thanks.

r.

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 09:54:54PM -0700, rgritzo wrote:
> > folks:
> >
> > after applying the updated rpms from advisory 2015:X002 i am having problems with libvirtd, and with virt-manager.
> >
> > if i run libvirtd in the foreground and look at the error messages, the  error i see is
> > 2015-01-29 04:45:27.342+0000: 6477: error : virDBusGetSystemBus:1742 : internal error: DBus support not compiled into this binary
> >

> Hmm, weird, it works OK for me..
>
> > and virt-manager is unable to connect to the hypervisor.  this started after i applied the subject patches.
> >
> > is this an issue with the recent versions of libvirt?
> > anybody else seeing this behavior?
> >

> What hypervisor are you trying to use? Xen? KVM ?
>
> > btw - system is centos 6.6, kernel 3.10.63-11.el6.centos.alt.x86_64
> >

> I'm using the same kernel with Xen 4.4.1 rpms.
>

> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > rgritzo at gmail.com
> >

> — Pasi