[CentOS-virt] Xen4CentOS python-virtinst version issue, blktap2 problem

Tue Jan 6 15:09:02 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 01/06/2015 08:38 AM, Philippe-A. Lemelin wrote:

> On 15-01-06 09:21 AM, George Dunlap wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It seems currently when you "yum update" CentOS 6.6 Xen host you end
>>> up getting python-virtinst from c6 base repo:
>>> python-virtinst-0.600.0-24.el6.noarch
>>>
>>> and not from Xen4CentOS repo, because the version there is "older":
>>> 0.600.0-19.
>>>
>>> .. which means the centos/xen-specific patch in python-virtinst is
>>> "lost". (default to tap2 instead of tap1, to make blktap2 work
>>> out-of-the-box with virt-install and virt-manager when using file
>>> based images as disks for VMs).
>>>
>>> So.. who can build a new version of python-virtinst, with the blktap2
>>> patch applied?
>>
>> Looks like Johnny's built an updated version and placed it here:
>>
>> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/xen4-test/
>>
>> Maybe we can leave it there for a day or so for people to test it, and
>> push it to the main xen4 repo at EOD tomorrow?
>>
>>   -George
>>

> I just successfully completed the installation of a CentOS guest with
> this version of python-virtinst.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Philippe-A. Lemelin

I am doing a newer:

1. kernel from kernel.org (3.10.63), also the e1000e kernel module for that.

2. libvirt rolling in the last patch in this tree:
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v0.10.2-maint

3. newer xen-4.2.5 with all released XSAs > 108 (including 116 .. but
not 115 as it is not released)

and that python-virtinstall

I have already modified the the source code and I am building, I'll post
when they are reading for testing.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes