[CentOS-virt] Building Xen 4.4 rpms for centos7

Tue Jan 20 14:10:47 UTC 2015
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

Hello,

Now that the Xen 4.4.1 rpms + libvirt 1.2.10 rpms for CentOS 6 seem to be in good shape
it would be a good time to start experimenting with el7 builds aswell.

I think it's best to start with the same set of packages we have for el6,
and just do the minimum required changes to get them working on centos7.

That probably means fixing some dependencies in the spec file, and some changes for systemd support.

Note that all those changes are already done in Fedora 21 Xen rpms, for example:
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/21/SRPMS/x/xen-4.4.1-12.fc21.src.rpm

A few months ago I also saw a Xen 4.4 el7 rpms port, so we could find those src.rpms aswell.

And then there's the dom0 kernel.. Stock rhel7/centos7 is based on Linux 3.10 kernel,
so we probably can use the exact same 3.10.63 kernel we have today for CentOS 6 Xen.

Any thoughts?

-- Pasi