[CentOS-virt] Using network-script with Xen 4.4.1 (aka what will I do without xend?)

Fri Jan 30 12:55:48 UTC 2015
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:39:17AM -0800, Gene wrote:
>    I normally use the network-script parameter in the
>    '/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp' configuration file to configure network
>    bridges.  However, the latest release of Xen4CentOS (which comes with Xen
>    4.4.1) has xend disabled by default. Â
>    Can I continue to use network-script without xend?  If not what is the
>    recommended method for automatically configuring network bridges with the
>    latest release of Xen4CentOS?
>    I know I can just enable xend to continue using this script, but since Xen
>    4.5 is apparently dropping xend altogether I figure I should change my
>    standard configuration starting now.
>    Thanks in advance for your time.
>    -Gene

Hello,

You should set up the bridges using distro networking scripts, so /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*
That's the supported and preferred way.

(It was the recommended way also with xend, that's why xen network-script was disabled as a default).

-- Pasi