[CentOS-virt] Where are the Centos 7.1 1503 KVM repos please?

Keith Roberts keith.roberts at ecric.nhs.uk
Mon Jul 27 13:42:50 UTC 2015

Thanks for all the replies.

Looking at the specs for the processor it does not seem to have the vmx features in /proc/cpuinfo:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-2-Duo-T6400-Notebook-Processor.35100.0.html

and the output from grep -E ‘vmx|svm’ /proc/cpuinfo is empty.

/lib/modules/3.10.0-229.7.2.el7.x86_64/kernel/arch/x86/kvm
[keith.roberts at acer-centos kvm]$ ls
kvm-amd.ko  kvm-intel.ko  kvm.ko
[keith.roberts at acer-centos kvm]$
[keith.roberts at acer-centos kvm]$ modprobe kvm-intel
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_intel': Operation not permitted

[keith.roberts at acer-centos kvm]$ lsmod | sort
iwlwifi               112501  1 iwldvm
jbd2                  102940  1 ext4
kvm                   461126  0
libahci                32009  1 ahci

[keith.roberts at acer-centos kvm]$ modprobe kvm-amd
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_amd': Operation not permitted
[keith.roberts at acer-centos kvm]$ modprobe kvm-intel
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_intel': Operation not permitted

Is it still possible to create some KVM type virtual machines with this laptop, to be ported to the VM host server machine later, or
do I need another laptop with the required CPU flags?

Kind Regards,

Keith