[CentOS-virt] Live migration using shared storage in different networks

Mon Jul 6 11:58:06 UTC 2015
Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves <m at mbg.pt>

Hi!

I am building a KVM cluster that needs VM live migration.

My shared storage as well as the KVM hosts will be running
CentOS.

Because 10 Gbps Ethernet switches are very expensive at the
moment I will connect the KVM hosts to the storage by
cross-over cables and create private networks for each
connection (10.0.0.0/30 and 10.0.0.4/30).

The following diagram shows the topology

 Management             Management            Management
    VLAN                   VLAN                  VLAN
     |                      |                     |
+----+-----+  10 Gbps  +----+----+  10 Gbps  +----+-----+
| KVM Host |-----------| Storage |-----------| KVM Host |
   Public                 Public                Public
    VLAN                   VLAN                  VLAN

My question is: will live migration work in this configuration
since the storage will have 2 different IP addresses
(10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.5) in 2 different networks even though
it is the same storage?

Thanks!