[CentOS-virt] Live migration using shared storage in different networks

Mon Jul 6 13:21:36 UTC 2015
Alvin Starr <alvin at netvel.net>

A couple of comments.

Take a look at http://whiteboxswitch.com/ or do a general search for
white box switches.

Migration will work so long as the storage is consistent between the two
KVM hosts.
If there is buffering or caching going on you could have problems.
Something like GFS or NFS will work.
I have used DRBD to setup a simple 2 node system and migration works
quite nicely.

Take a look at ProxMox or some of the postings on alteeve.ca.
A good place to start would be
https://alteeve.ca/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial