[CentOS-virt] missing bnx2x firmware files in Xen4CentOS CentOS6 kernel 3.18.12-11

Tue Jul 7 17:00:02 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/07/2015 10:36 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>> On 07/05/2015 11:35 AM, T.Weyergraf wrote:
>>> Hi folks
>>>
>>> As mentioned in the subject, kernel-3.18.12-11 is missing firmware files
>>> required to run Broadcom/Qlogic network cards, driven by bnx2x driver.
>>> While in the source-rpm, there is a bnx2/bnx2x firmware tgz being
>>> applied during the rpm build, along with a patch adding these firmware
>>> files to firmware/Makefile, neither the tgz nor the patch contain the
>>> required firmware files. In 3.18, the driver bumped to version
>>> 1.710.51-0, requiring the following firmware files/versions to work:
>>>
>>> firmware:       bnx2x/bnx2x-e2-7.10.51.0.fw
>>> firmware:       bnx2x/bnx2x-e1h-7.10.51.0.fw
>>> firmware:       bnx2x/bnx2x-e1-7.10.51.0.fw
>>>
>>> I helped myself by either copying the required firmware-files to the
>>> target-machines' /lib/firmware/bnx2x dir and ultimately by adding the
>>> files to the source-rpm along with a new Makefile patch and rebuilding
>>> the kernel rpms.
>>>
>>> However, as bnx2x NICs seem quite commonplace these days, I suggest to
>>> fix this 'upstream'. If required, I can provide the (trivial) patch. I
>>> pulled the firmware-files from a CentOS 7 stock kernel.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Thomas
>>
>> Thomas,
>>
>> Please see if this kernel solves your issues:
>>
>> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/xen-kernel/x86_64/Packages/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Johnny Hughes
>
> There was a response, "Nope, those did not work". See:
>
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=9030#c23582

That is a different person (I think .. maybe not), so I will wait for a
reply here too and I will make sure I have the latest fw files from
kernel.org again.