[CentOS-virt] missing bnx2x firmware files in Xen4CentOS CentOS6 kernel 3.18.12-11

Tue Jul 7 21:03:19 UTC 2015
T.Weyergraf <T.Weyergraf at virtfinity.de>

Hi all

On 07/07/2015 10:30 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 07/07/2015 12:20 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
[.... loads of stuff deleted .... ]
>> OH .. I see, I did not get the firmware files, but their git pointer info :)
>>
>> I will rebuild and repost.
>>
> Please try the packages that are now in the same location.
>
> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/xen-kernel/x86_64/Packages/
Yes, I can confirm the first packages were broken. I'll try those
tomorrow, when I am back at work. However, they look fine. First of all,
all required files are present and I extracted and md5sum-ed them
against the ones from my kernel ( of which I know they work ). All
md5sums are fine.

Thanks a lot for the quick fix.

Are you going to push these packages to the Xen4CentOS repo? The reason
I ask, is that I use Xen4CentOS at work, where I run a fairly large
infrastructure on Xen4CentOS in a production environment. Mixing bug
fixes with minor updates - repo version is at 3.18.12 while you provide
3.18.17 - is a bit of a problem, as I need to validate the new kernel
version before pushing it into production (read: run some tests, check
if everything works).
I recon that updated versions of LTS kernels incorporate bugfixes, which
are desirable anyway. But i'd rather wait until they are pushed to
Xen4CentOS before "arguing them into production". Hence my question on
the timeline.
I'll give the packages a spin anyway tomorrow and come back to report my
results.

Again, thanks a lot. And, by the way, rest assured that the whole
Xen4CentOS effort is very much appreciated and matters a lot.

Regards
Thomas