[CentOS-virt] Timezone issues with migrations between host kernel 3.10 and 3.18

Thu Jul 30 11:38:14 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/29/2015 11:38 AM, Nathan March wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'm seeing clock issues with live migrations on the latest kernel
> packages, migrating a VM from 3.10.68-11 to 3.18.17-13 results in the VM
> clock being off by 7 hours (I'm PST, so appears to be a timezone issue).
> This is also between xen versions, but rolling the target back to 3.10
> resolved so don't believe the recent XSA's are related.
>

> Anyone else seen behavior like this or have any ideas on how to resolve?

Some versions of CentOS have a hardware clock uses UTC check box.  If
that is on, and if your hardware clock is instead set to local time,
that can cause issues.

Can you check that there is no UTC=True in /etc/sysconfig/clock